Finally, a Book Series for Non Programmers This third book in the series from Kevin McNeish, winner of the 2013 Publishing Innovation award, award-winning App developer, and highly acclaimed iOS trainer and conference speaker, picks up where earlier books in the series left off. It teaches you to use the skills you have learned so far along with new skills you will learn in this book to take the prototype app you created in Book 1 and make it a fully functioning app. Navigating Xcode 5 also helps you deliver high-quality Apps more quickly as it teaches you to take full advantage of all the great features in Xcode 5. Includes Step-By-Step Instructional Videos! Book 3 includes over a dozen step-by-step instructional videos in which you watch the author perform exercises in the book. This is great for non-programmers who might need some extra assistance. Extensive, In-Depth Coverage of Xcode 5! This 724-page book contains the most in-depth coverage of Xcode that you will find! It is a deep dive into the tools and technologies of Xcode 5. In addition to Xcode features, Book 3 also contains important information on:
- Taking advantage of the updated user interface Auto Layout model in Xcode 5
- Thorough explanations and project samples on how to use all of the iOS user-interface controls
- Creating a well-designed App architecture that makes it easy to enhance and extend your Apps
- Working with Core Data
- In-depth coverage of using table views to manage lists of data
- Managing Change with Refactoring
- Moving Your Apps to iOS 7 and Xcode 5
- And much more!
Not a “Dumbed Down” Series! Ultimately, readers learn everything that is taught in the regular written-for-programmer books. This series simply provides more background information and more thorough explanations for those who haven’t had formal education or a career in software development.