The iPad Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card. iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW. With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it’s incredibly easy to download photos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos directly from your camera’s SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera’s SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which pictures to import, then organizes the selected photos into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos on your iPad are added to your computer’s photo library. iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW.
This accessory is compatible with iPad 1st Generation, iPad 2nd Generation and iPad 3rd Generation. (Not compatible with iPad 4th Generation)
- import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your cameras USB cable or directly from an SD card
- iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW
- Compatible with ONLY iPad